Author Topic: True Independence  (Read 240 times)

Darchind

• Imperial Grand Director
  • Forum Contributor
    • View Profile
True Independence
« on: April 01, 2017, 09:42:51 AM »
I am convinced that today's middle class absolutely fails at imparting true independence. Its concept of independence seems limited only to financial independence: a state of being "out on your own" and "supporting yourself".

That does not qualify as true independence.

Therein lies the paper pressure for young girls to validate themselves only by the approval of others via subliminal, or rather linguistical accolades such as "you're so beautiful" and "you make the world feel good"; and girls who fail to garner as much approval are relegated to second class (or less) in everyday vernacular.

I think it's effin' stupid when girls are told, so superficially, that they "deserve to be happy". Nobody deserves anything.

I guess I really am legitimately liberal when it comes to gender and identity politics. In the 1990s, I rejected the "I wanna' be black" trend that had everybody, even square white kids from suburban neighborhoods, conforming to baggy jeans and oversized FUBU shirts. In the 2000s, I rejected the emo influence, which had actually bloomed into a very pathetic actually, I take that back, for it deserved no sympathy subculture, derivative of a twisted concept of punk rock.

Today, I reject the "I want to be white" influence, too, from the superfluous pronunciation of the simplest words (i.e. "thank you" as "think you") to the pseudo-intellectualism conveyed when one espouses useless words that make a futile attempt at witty condescension, such as "rapscallion" and "ubiquitous".

I suppose, in a nutshell, I reject what everyone else esteems to be popular. It's simply in my nature to rebel with cause.

In the words of Mick Jagger, "Just as every cop is a criminal, and all the sinners saints; as heads is tails, just call me Lucifer 'cause I'm in need of some restraint! So if you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, and have some taste. Use all your well-learned politesse or I'll lay your soul to waste."
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 09:47:24 AM by Darchind »
"Just as every cop is a criminal, and all the sinners saints; as heads is tails, just call me Lucifer 'cause I'm in need of some restraint! So if you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, and have some taste. Use all your well-learned politesse or I'll lay your soul to waste."