Author Topic: The Left is Beaten & Should Go Away  (Read 142 times)

Darchind

• Imperial Grand Director
  • Veteran Contributor

• View Profile
The Left is Beaten & Should Go Away
« on: October 09, 2017, 06:14:30 PM »
Just an observation: when Obama was in office, those of us who criticized him were able to point to specific policies that were disagreeable. Now that Trump is in office, those of us who criticize Trump can't seem to get past prejudgments about his character; how he is supposedly dumb and mean.

The reality of the matter is that consumer confidence is the highest it's ever been, the largest corporations are crying a river of blood over the competition that's developed as a result of Trump's policies, and the economy is finally working for the benefit of Americans again and not for the benefit of other countries.

Donald Trump will be a two-term president. Why? Because the left cannot stop him. I mean, the left has even begun to get its ass kicked on the culture war, so what makes anyone think, realistically, that they have a chance in 2020? They have nobody.
"Just as every cop is a criminal, and all the sinners saints; as heads is tails, just call me Lucifer 'cause I'm in need of some restraint! So if you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, and have some taste. Use all your well-learned politesse or I'll lay your soul to waste."

Pivot

• View Profile
Re: The Left is Beaten & Should Go Away
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 08:45:22 PM »
Hail.

Merantle

• Imperial Overlord
  • Forum Contributor

• Personal Text
    Hail
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2017, 06:32:15 PM »
Hail.

Obama? Fucker should be shot.
- Merantle -

Pivot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 10:22:13 PM »
RIP AR
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 02:42:49 PM by Pivot »

Darchind

• Veteran Contributor

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2017, 07:13:59 PM »
I wouldn't say the problem you ascribe to AR was ever specific to AR. It was specific to that whole full force community. GE had its share of problems as well. Those problems mostly concerned the ambitions of certain leaders in the GIA and GIN factions, which were never intended to be factions at all. GIA and GIN only became factions as a result of the internal power struggle that plagued GE since its inception.

A number of us survived what those outside of our circle considered to be our "demise". But I always remind people, GE was never a clan or an association because it was never a product of the galvanization of players who merely shared common interest in a game. It was, is, and always will be an idea, an idea founded in rebellion against the status quo.

Unfortunately, as game trends have shifted toward public servers rather than private hosting, as well as toward proactive policing by game developers and moderators, there has been less of a necessity for GE's cause. In many ways, you could say that we somewhat lost our air amidst the current trends, though not our ideals.
"Just as every cop is a criminal, and all the sinners saints; as heads is tails, just call me Lucifer 'cause I'm in need of some restraint! So if you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, and have some taste. Use all your well-learned politesse or I'll lay your soul to waste."

Darchind

• Veteran Contributor

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2017, 07:16:23 PM »
I see what you mean when you juxtapose the liberal Democrats and elitists of the likes of Apocalyptic Reign. They both endeared their respective facades more than they cared for any semblance of honesty about their methods. For them, it was never about what was true, but what could be proved.