Author Topic: Windows 10 Forcefully Merging Microsoft Account with Windows User Account  (Read 1614 times)

Darchind

• Imperial Grand Director
  • Veteran Contributor

• View Profile
Windows 10 Enterprise edition installed. All is well.

Though Microsoft eliminated the need for signing in with a Microsoft account, there still remains the very irritating thing that Microsoft does, whereas it links a Microsoft account to your Windows user account and then mandates you sign in with a password. This happens if you login with a Microsoft account to any of the Windows apps, such as Microsoft One Note.

I worked around this by loading <i>secpol.msc > Security Options > Accounts: Block Microsoft Accounts</i> and choosing the option, "Users can't add or log on with Microsoft accounts." This prevents Windows from forcefully linking any Microsoft account or e-mail address to your Windows user account by force.

If you are like me and you prefer to run off of the main Administrator account and not any sub-user accounts (e.g.: the one you create at installation of Windows), after enabling the Administrator account you can navigate to <i>secpol.msc > Security Options > User Account Control: Admin Approval Mode for the Built-in Administrator Account</i> and choose to enable it. Then, restart your computer. This will allow you to access the Windows store and all of the apps without having to sign in with a Windows account. This also worked on Windows 8 and 8.1.