Author Topic: Windows 10 Forcefully Merging Microsoft Account with Windows User Account  (Read 1397 times)

• Imperial Grand Director
  • Veteran Contributor

• View Profile
Windows 10 Enterprise edition installed. All is well.

Though Microsoft eliminated the need for signing in with a Microsoft account, there still remains the very irritating thing that Microsoft does, whereas it links a Microsoft account to your Windows user account and then mandates you sign in with a password. This happens if you login with a Microsoft account to any of the Windows apps, such as Microsoft One Note.

I worked around this by loading <i>secpol.msc > Security Options > Accounts: Block Microsoft Accounts</i> and choosing the option, "Users can't add or log on with Microsoft accounts." This prevents Windows from forcefully linking any Microsoft account or e-mail address to your Windows user account by force.

If you are like me and you prefer to run off of the main Administrator account and not any sub-user accounts (e.g.: the one you create at installation of Windows), after enabling the Administrator account you can navigate to <i>secpol.msc > Security Options > User Account Control: Admin Approval Mode for the Built-in Administrator Account</i> and choose to enable it. Then, restart your computer. This will allow you to access the Windows store and all of the apps without having to sign in with a Windows account. This also worked on Windows 8 and 8.1.
"Just as every cop is a criminal, and all the sinners saints; as heads is tails, just call me Lucifer 'cause I'm in need of some restraint! So if you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, and have some taste. Use all your well-learned politesse or I'll lay your soul to waste."