Author Topic: Star Wars Battlefront is Intellectually Challenged  (Read 1269 times)

Darchind

• Imperial Grand Director
  • Veteran Contributor

• View Profile
Star Wars Battlefront is Intellectually Challenged
« on: December 18, 2015, 12:54:10 AM »
Beautiful graphics. Very well optimized for a wide range of systems. I run it at Ultra graphics, maxed out on a Phenom II X4 970 Black Edition (3.5 ghz quad core), 8 GB DDR2 RAM and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 1 GB.

The problem with this game is not how it appears, but how it plays. A lack of critical thinking is glaringly obvious in the development of the game's mechanics. The bowcaster, DL-44 pistol, thermal detonators and other explosives are abused to the extent that the gameplay has been devalued. Players who possess such perks and also possess the personal tendency to spam them often are destined to lead the scoreboards. Every other player, who may be more akin to first-person shooters that require actual concentration and skill, may be disgusted by the spam-fest that Star Wars Battlefront currently feels like in its post-launch state. As one who played the beta, I can attest that it does not seem as though anything has been changed since the beta.

What truly irritates me is the system's predetermination of the success of each of the weapons. Carbines seem destined to lose at closer ranges, whereas rifles are distributed twice; once as an equippable weapon and a second time as an overpowered perk that can seemingly one-shot any other player.

AT-ST walkers, aircraft vehicles and vehicles in general are distributed seemingly without constraint in Supremacy mode.

Heroes appear far too often and, while it can be fun to play as them, it can be very frustrating to play against them since their legitimacy rests on the general impossibility for any ordinary player to overcome them.

The game seems to be an ambitious project, and it is very impressive visually; but it also feels thoroughly underdeveloped and intellectually challenged in terms of gameplay. I trust that the developers will take notice of these glaring discrepancies and make the necessary changes to balance the system.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 12:58:14 AM by Lord Darchind »