Author Topic: Guide: How You Can Download SWGEmu  (Read 16437 times)

Offline =[GIN]=HVA=Siri

• High Vice Admiral
  • Senior Contributor
    • View Profile
Guide: How You Can Download SWGEmu
« on: January 31, 2010, 09:50:36 AM »
So, you want to give SWGEmu a try? Don't know where to start? Start here.

Step One: You need the actual game to be installed first!
Skip this step if you already have SWG installed on your computer.

Contact me on Xfire for a link (fudgecookies15), or search for Star Wars Galaxies on a site for yourself.

You will need to download BitTorrent or some other torrent program if you do not have one in order to download the file. BitTorrent can be downloaded here:

http://www.bittorrent.com/btusers/download/?

Once the download is complete, you need to install it by using virtual CD/DVD drives, like Daemon Tools. If you do not have Daemon Tools, you can download it here:

http://www.filehippo.com/download_daemon_tools/

It should be fairly simple what to do now. Load all 3 of the discs labeled swg_cd1.iso, swg_cd2.iso, and swg_cd3.iso onto Daemon Tools using separate drives for each CD. Run the first CD's installer when it pops up. Let SWG install. Then choose the second CD when the first is done, and then the third.

You're done with that, now you have to put the dpvs.dll found in the folder called IMPORTANT into your main SWG folder which you just installed. Copy and replace it. Now, go to the patch_00-13 folder and copy all of those patches into your SWG folder.

Step Two: Download Launchpad Enhanced!
You need Launchpad Enhanced in order to play the SWGEmu. Download it here:

http://launchpad.thewildclan.com/

You can choose either the SWG-look alike launchpad or the green one. When it's downloaded, run the LPEinstaller and install. You should have an icon for it on your desktop once it's done.

Step Three: Run Launchpad Enhanced!
Click the icon that just appeared on your desktop now that it's installed on your computer. Click Nova Test Server in the drop-down menu when you're allowed to pick a server and let your game update. You're almost finished!

Step Four: Register on the SWGEmu forums!
This is a necessity because your registered forum name is also your in-game account. Also, there are helpful guides and many helpful people that would be willing to help you if you have any problems with your game.
Here's the link to the forums:

http://www.swgemu.com/forums_old/index.php

Don't forget to activate your account.

Step Five: Click Play!
Open your Launchpad Enhanced and click Play. When the login screen comes on, enter your account name and password. Create a character.

That's as far as this guide goes! Good luck and enjoy your gaming experience.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 10:51:47 AM by =[GIN]=HRA=Siri »

Hawk

Re: Guide: How You Can Download SWGEmu
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 12:06:52 PM »
You don't need a torrent you can just download the SWG demo installer. They say they will ban anyone using the demo, but in reality there is no way for them to tell whether you are using the demo or not, so all you have to do is never say you're using the demo.

Offline =[GIN]=CMC=Rev

• Command Master Chieftain
  • Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 12:27:02 PM »
You don't need a torrent you can just download the SWG demo installer. They say they will ban anyone using the demo, but in reality there is no way for them to tell whether you are using the demo or not, so all you have to do is never say you're using the demo.

I'm getting this with SWG trail/demo

"I'm in control. I make the rules now."

Faction

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2010, 12:46:56 PM »

I'm getting this with SWG trail/demo

What do you wanna ask now? Just read the message...

gekkebori

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 08:27:19 AM »
So Let me get this straight, When u torrented the game and installed SWGEmu , you can play for free?

Faction

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010, 09:15:01 AM »
So Let me get this straight, When u torrented the game and installed SWGEmu , you can play for free?

Yes.

gekkebori

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2010, 09:20:56 AM »

Yes.

Ok I'll download it and Play it :).

SunStar

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2010, 06:01:30 AM »
Keep in mind that this is just a beta. Once the beta has been completed, everything will be wiped and everyone will have to start fresh.

Offline =[GIN]=R=Venitus

• Navy Recruit
  • Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2010, 07:53:13 PM »
I play. I have like 4 characters lmao but the ones listed are the ones i play on the most

Novice Bounty Hunter:  Xemu Shinseki   Species: Sullustan
Squad Leader: Sienn Returyl        Species: Twi'lek
Hermit swordsman Ranger:  Chalspetwarr       Species: Wookie
Combat Med:  Dragei Hevi        Species: Mon Calamari