Author Topic: New Forums/Website  (Read 477 times)

Darchind

• Administrator
New Forums/Website
« on: July 04, 2019, 01:43:31 AM »
After much deliberation, I have decided to resurrect this organization's forums and website. Unlike the past, however, we will not be running a forum and and a website. There simply is no point to running both. These forums will effectively be our website from this point on.

The previous database became corrupt after a phpMyAdmin upgrade on Fanthom's end. I decided that the trivial nature of the content on the previous database did not warrant an effort an restoring it. We will simply start from scratch, just as we have at numerous points in the past.

We had flirted with the idea of setting up a social media page, but privacy concerns were too great. Per the nature of online multiplayer gaming and the unnecessarily politicized, specific thing that it is we continue to deal with in and around our so called "community" (how I loathe that word), therein lies the propensity people have to take things extremely personal, in that they would attempt to use one's personal information in a retaliatory fashion. Thus, many of us prefer old style message boards and our private Discord server.

Social media seems to have begun to run its course dry, anyhow. Free speech is policed and infringed upon there by activist moderators. It is worthy speculation that old style message boards of this very sort are the rational alternative.